Saturday, March 25, 2006
K-12 NOVICE & RATED OHIO ALL-GIRLS CHESS CHAMPIONSHIPS
GIRLS, GET YOUR SHINE ON.....GET READY FOR A GOOD TIME!
Ohio State University Women in Engineering, Undergraduate Admissions & the OSU Office of Student Financial Aid
APRIL 29, 2006
AWARDS/ TROPHIES: $10,000.00 in OSU scholarships!
Trophies to girls who score 3.5 points out of 5 games; team trophies to the top 3-5 teams,
medals to all players not taking an individual trophy!
POLGAR INVITATIONAL STIPEND: A $250.00 stipend will be awarded to the top player in the Open section to attend the 2006 Polgar Invitational as the official Ohio Representative!
ACTIVITIES: Game analysis, workshops on Chess Base and Fritz software,
Three Chess Learn Summer Camp Scholarships ($250.00 value) and more!
FACILITY: The Ohio State University
Recreational and Physical Activity Center- RPAC Building 246
337 West 17th Avenue
Parking @ Tuttle Parking Garage at free or reduced rate.
K-3rd Unrated Novice, 4th-8th Unrated Novice
K-12th U700 Reserve, K-12th Open Championship
Sections may be merged, depending on entrants. All students must be enrolled K-12
students in the 2005-2006 school year as public, private, or home schooled students.
5SS, rounds 1-5 G/30 for Unrated Sections.
5SS, rounds 1-3 G/30, 4-5 G/45 for K-12 U700 Reserve & Championship Section.
The Recreational and Physical Activity Center- RPAC will be open and staffed by 8:00am
to accommodate a 10:00 am starting time. Depending on participation, the awards ceremony
should be completed by 5:00 pm.
ENTRY FEE: $20 per student. Students on reduced-priced lunch program $10.
NEED MORE INFO? Karen Chernesky Fotis firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday, March 13, 2006
Wednesday, March 08, 2006
6 Different Camps (Small Classes)
Week 1: July 10 - 14
Week 2: July 17 - 21
Week 3: July 24 - 28
Week 4: July 31 - Aug 4
Week 5: Aug 14 - 18
Week 6: Aug 28 - Sept 1
What will the campers learn? They will
· Have a clear and precise knowledge of important chess positions
· Learn unique and critical chess tactics and combinations
· Master vital endgame patterns
· Develop a sound understanding of chess openings
· Comprehend middlegame ideas
· Create logical plans and strategies
· Study winning chess psychology
· Develop chess mental toughness
· Learn to use various chess software to improve and much more…
All classes will be conduct at the Polgar Chess Center
9:30 AM - 2 PM
Except Aug 28 - Sept 1:
10 AM - 4 PM
This is a special Chess Camp for youngsters from age 5 and up. Everyone will be taught with a special training method that has been exclusively developed by 4-time Women’s World Champion and 5-time Olympic Champion Susan Polgar.
Weeks 1-5: $325 Week 6: $399 per week (lunch included)
PCC members get 10% off.
Register by May 31st for a $50 discount!
Friday, March 03, 2006
The Susan Polgar Foundation proudly presents the
First Annual Susan Polgar World Open
Chess Championship for Girls under 21
June 16 - 18, 2006 Las Vegas, Nevada
Format: 6 SS Sections: Under 21, 15, 13 and 10 (as of June 14, 2006)
Time control: G/45 (Please be sure to bring your own chess set and clock)
· Prizes: Trophies to top 20 individuals and top 3 teams in each section. Special medals to 21st – 30th place individuals and 4th – 6th teams. 3 or more from the same school and section or same chess club and section (top 3 scores added to give team final standings).
Every player receives a special hand signed certificate from Susan Polgar.
· AWESOME Additional Prizes: In each section, 1st place receives a laptop computer. $200-150-100-50 gift prizes for 2nd-5th. Any player with 6-0 score also receives a digital clock!
· Prizes for Blitz Championship: Trophies to top 3 players in each section. Special medals to 4th – 10th place. Blitz will only have one section but trophies will be given out to separate categories.
· Prizes for Puzzle Solving Championship: Championship Cup to first each section (Unr – 800, 801 – 1100, 1101 – 1400, Open). Special medals to 2nd – 6th place.
· Special Prizes: Any school with 20 or more participants will receive a set of 7 Winning Chess the Easy Way Training DVDs by Susan Polgar (Over $200 retail value).
There will be many additional surprise prizes and gifts! Winner of each section will qualify for the 2006 Susan Polgar National Invitational for Girls in Chicago (Winners must meet the age and residency restriction).
Blitz / Puzzle Solving Championships: Trophies to top 5 players in each section. Special medals to 6th – 20th place. Blitz / Puzzle Solving Championships will be only 1 section but trophies to separate categories. Many more prizes will be added!
§ Friday, June 16:
3:30 PM Lecture for players / parents / coaches by Susan Polgar
5:00 PM Puzzle Solving Championship
6:15 PM Simul with Susan Polgar (Maximum 70 players)
§ Saturday, June 17:
9:00 AM Opening Ceremony
Rounds: 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM, 4:00 PM
7 PM Blitz Championships (G/5 - 7 SS)
§ Sunday, June 18:
Rounds: 9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:30 PM
4:00 PM Closing Ceremony
Entry Fees: $30 if received by March 15, 2006; $45 if received by May 25; $60 on site - On site registration: 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM Friday and up to 9:30 AM on Saturday. Blitz EF: $15 - Puzzle Solving EF: $12 - Simul: $20 Special $35 entry fees for all 3 events (Blitz, Puzzle and Simul). Please make checks payable to: Las Vegas International Chess Festival, PO Box 90925, Henderson, NV 89009-0125 or online at www.lvchessfestival.com. No telephone entries. NS. W. FIDE.
Riviera Hotel and Casino, 2901 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas, NV 89109. HR: $71 single or double ($81 Friday and Saturday nights) includes free tickets to one of three Mardi Gras Riviera Las Vegas Shows Wednesday, Thursday or Monday. 1-800-634-6753 or (702) 734-5110. Make your reservations early and be sure to ask for the chess rates; the Riviera sells out most weekends. Cutoff for special hotel rate is May 25th. Rates may be as high as $140 a night after May 25th. Credit card or one night room deposit will be required to hold reservation, may be canceled 48 hours in advance for nominal fee.