SUSAN POLGAR INVITATIONAL DETAILS
Here are some more details and questions in regards to the upcoming 2009 Susan Polgar National Championship for Girls:
1. TTU and the
for all qualified participants of the SPNI, for up to six nights of stay (July 25 – July 31). Additional room nights are available for $27/pp/night based on double occupancy.
2. Coaches/parents are invited to stay on the campus dorms as well for $27/pp/night based o on double occupancy (with player or other family member) or $42 for a single dorm room. Each room has its own bathroom.
3. Meals are complimentary at the “Fresh Plate” (all-you-can-eat buffet style) for all participants of the SPNI starting with lunch on July 26 and ending with lunch on July 31. There are numerous restaurants at walking distance on
4. Please let us know your flight arrival and departure information if you are flying in to
5. Please let us know if you are driving or renting a car and therefore will need a parking pass on campus for $7 for the duration of the event (provide name of driver).
6. All participants will receive a complimentary pass to the TTU recreation center http://www.depts.ttu.edu/recsports/ Parents/coaches may also request one for $10 for the duration of the event. Advance registration required!
7. Parents/Coaches may sign up for the meal plan to join their daughters/players for $22/day.
8. The event (including the Opening and closing ceremonies) will be held at the Frazier Pavilion, which is 2-3 minute walk away from Gordon Hall dorms.
9. Meal times:
10. TTU will offer a campus tour(s) at TTU.
11. We will have a basketball game, dance lessons and other optional fun activities.
12. Dress code. Generally causal, but we encourage a bit “nicer” for the opening and closing ceremonies.
See below the schedule of events.
13. For any questions upon arrival or during the event please call Susan at 806-281-7424 or Paul at 806-392-0758.
: “Warm-Up” Quads (G/30) at
: Opening Ceremony
: Round 1 of SPNI
: Round 2 of SPNI and round 1 of Parents/Friends Open
: SPNI Chess Puzzle Solving Championship
: Free chess lecture by Susan
: Round 3 of SPNI and round 2 of Parents/Friends Open
: SPNI Blitz Championship
: Round 4 of SPNI and round 3 of Parents/Friends Open
: SPNI Bughouse Championship
: Round 5 of SPNI and final round of Parents/Friends Open
: Round 6 of SPNI
: Closing Ceremony