The winner(s) of each of the girl's section will qualify for the 2010 Susan Polgar Girl's Invitational which will take place at Texas Tech University on July 25-30, 2010!
|June 10 to 13, 2010||- South Point · Hotel · Casino · Spa|
|LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL CHESS FESTIVAL|
|Enter Now!||Summary||Championship||Side Events||Chess Camp||Breakfast with Susan|
Please join us for many spectacular events and lots of fun:
- The Susan Polgar World Chess Championship for Girls June 12-13
The Susan Polgar World Chess Championship for Boys June 12-13
- Scholarships to Texas Tech will be awarded based in part on performance in these events.
- The Susan Polgar International Chess Camp (for all ages) June 10
- The Susan Polgar World Championship Puzzle Solving Contest for Girls and Boys June 11
- Free lecture by Susan Polgar for all players, as well as accompanying parents and coaches June 11
- A Tandem Simul by Susan Polgar against up to 70 players June 11
- The Susan Polgar World Blitz Chess Championship for Girls and Boys June 12
- Breakfast with Susan June 13
In compliance with the Nevada Clean Indoor Air Act all non-gaming areas of the South Point Hotel, including the Convention Center and restaurants, are NON-SMOKING.
|5 Round||USCF Rated Swiss System Tournament|
|Time Control||Game/45 minutes · 5 second time delay will be used with no subtraction|
|8 Sections|| |
|Trophies||Top 10 individuals in each section|
Top 3 (3-player) school/club teams each section
Special Medals to 11th-20th Individuals and 4th-6th Teams
|Prizes||1st in each section A netbook computer loaded with chess programs.|
2nd - 5th $200-$150-$100-$50 in chess prizes
|Scholarships||to Texas Tech will be awarded based in part on performance in this event.|
|Entry Fee||$59 by 5/19, $69 by 6/9, $80 on site.|
|Registration||Friday 4-8 p.m. & Saturday 8:30-9:30 a.m.|
|Rounds||Saturday 11 a.m, 1:30 p.m & 4 p.m. Sunday 11 a.m & 1:30 p.m.|
Opening Ceremony Saturday 10 a.m.
Awards Ceremony Sunday 4:30 p.m.
|Ratings||The June USCF Rating Supplement will be used.|
|Membership||in the U.S. Chess Federation is required of all players. You may join with your entry or on site. Players will not be allowed to complete the tournament without a valid membership.|