Monday, October 12, 2009

The pint size warrior continues to march forward


Monday, October 12, 2009

EMILY NGUYEN FROM PINT SIZE TO PROMISING FUTURE...

When Team USA was in its formative stages for the NAYCC 2009, I was very excited to know that Emily Nguyen would be participating. She captived our family's attention with her performance in the Susan Polgar National Invitational 2009.

I had no recollection of Emily prior to the SPNI 2009. Although I was not at the SPNI this year, the only girl wonder that impressed me was Annie Wang from the 2008 SPNI. After analyzing the game that Annie Wang and Claudia played, I told my daughter that she was fortunate to have won the game. We both agreed she had a special talent. Therefore, I did not think another girl wonder would come up the pipeline.

Well it happened.

Emily Nguyen shocked everyone by arriving at the SPNI 2009 at seven years of age with an 832 rating and trounce between the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round a 1251, 1501 and a 1659 player with ease (www.susanpolgar.blogspot.com/2009/07/pint-size-warrior.html).

It was not hard for all of us to realize that Emily, if she continued in chess, would be someone of importance.

Here is the full article.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: